TRU’s board of directors is our vital governing force; the board sets our policies and goals through strategic planning, reviews and ratifies the decisions of our committees, ensures TRU has the financial resources to succeed, and is responsible for TRU’s adherence to our legal obligations and organizational values. Board members are also often the vital components on the committees that coordinate with other volunteers and staff to get our work done.
Meet TRU’s current Board of Directors:
- Nicole Brown, Detroit Future City / Detroit Revitalization Fellow
- Sam Butler, Doing Development Differently in Detroit
- Wendy Ernzen, The Arc of Northwest Wayne County
- Marloshawn Franklin, Wayne County Executive’s Office
- Dave Gifford, Mac Mold Base, Inc.
- Tanise Hill, Metro Detroit AFL-CIO
- Kelly Kozlowski, Nonprofit Sector Consultant
- Paul Lippens, McKenna Associates
- Stephen Maiseloff, The School at Marygrove
- Hannah Mae Merten, Rock Ventures / Venture for America Fellow
- Kristen Milefchik, Teach for America
- Nick Schroeck, University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- Hayley Steinkopf, Critical Signal Technologies
- Donald Stuckey, Dearborn Public Schools – President
- Shamsuddin Nauman Syed, Detroit Real Estate
- Elizabeth Tintinalli, Liz in Detroit / Real Estate One – Treasurer
- Julie Tschirhart, City of Royal Oak Planning Division – Vice President
Interested in Joining TRU’s Board?
We want a board of directors that reflects the best of Detroit – diverse, dynamic and dedicated to getting the job done. If you are passionate about mobility issues and are interested in getting involved, we invite you to learn more about the roles and responsibilities you would take up as a board member.