Our mission is to improve and promote transit throughout greater Detroit in order to:
- restore urban vitality,
- ensure transportation equity, and
- improve quality of life.
TRU believes the Detroit region needs a balanced transportation network because transportation investments shape our future.
All people in greater Detroit will have reliable, safe, and affordable access to the places they live, work, shop, and play through a high-quality transit system.
An integrated network of buses, trains, bike routes, and other transportation options will seamlessly connect our cities, region, and beyond.
This system will foster attractive livable neighborhoods, enhance business opportunities and improve the environmental quality of the region.
- TRU is dedicated to serving the public’s best interest. We are part of the community and work on behalf of the community.
- TRU works hard because we are confident that we can make a difference over the long-term. We are results-oriented and mission-driven.
- TRU believes in collaboration and teamwork. We seek to engage new and diverse partners and supporters.
- TRU is committed to providing trustworthy information and to making well- reasoned, evidence-based decisions.
- TRU values openness and respectful candor. We strive to always act with honesty and integrity.