TRU will host our sixth annual Regional Transit Awards dinner on Thursday evening May 11, 2017 at the Greektown Casino Hotel Ballroom – TRU’s top fundraising event of the year.
Please join us for an inspiring evening supporting TRU’s advocacy and celebrating the best of Detroit area transit people, projects, and possibilities!
Each year, over 150 transit staff, elected leaders, community activists and other supporters come together for a fun evening recognizing amazing people who have dedicated extraordinary energy towards improving public transit in greater Detroit.
T I C K E T S
You can mail a check to the TRU office or purchase your tickets online.
Individual tickets are available until May 4 at $90 (early bird pricing ended April 19) and include:
- Cocktail reception
- A three course dinner (select chicken or vegetarian/vegan)
- A complimentary cocktail or other beverage
- Free valet parking
- The Awards Ceremony
Tables of 8 are also available for purchase and can be specially labeled for your group.
As TRU is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tickets are tax-deductible, less the $40 cost of each meal.
A W A R D E E S:
Please join me in congratulating the 2017 Regional Transit Awardees who will be recognized at this year’s Awards dinner:
- Warren Evans, Wayne County Executive, receiving the Forward Motion Award for Most Effective Public Servant
- RefleX, the joint service of DDOT, SMART and RTA, receiving the 2017 Exemplary Innovation Award
- Alexis Blizman, regional transit’s 2017 Unsung Hero
- Ben Stupka, RTA Manager of Planning and Financial Analysis, as Transit Employee of the Year
- Daniel Duane Spyker, receiving the Transit Activist of the Year Award
Thank you to everyone who submitted nominations during our open nominations process January – March. Category descriptions and previous awardees can be found HERE
S P O N S O R S:
As a sponsor, your support for TRU will demonstrate your commitment to improving the transit system that can help make the Detroit region a more attractive place to live, work, and play. We will spotlight your company’s support to the more than 150 supporters who attend and the over 5,000 community leaders, transit staff, media, and others who rely on TRU for transit news and information.
Join us in thanking these sponsors:
- Young Basile Hanlon & MacFarlane, P.C.
- Legacy Dental Group
- Wayne State University Office of Economic Development
- Brookville Equipment Corporation
- Anderson, Eckstein and Westrick, Inc.
- Indian Trails / Michigan Flyer
- Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman
- McKenna Associates
- Concept 22
Thank you for your support!!