Buy your tickets NOW for the biggest night in transit, January 31:
The State of the Region’s Transit:
TRU 2018 Annual Meeting and Awards Reception
Learn what’s happening in SE MI transit and what you can do to make it better, including:
- The State of Transit panel
- with RTA Board Chair Paul Hillegonds,
- Detroit’s Chief of Mobility Innovation Mark de la Vergne,
- DDOT Deputy Director Angelica Jones, and
- SMART Deputy Manager Rob Cramer;
- moderated by WXYZ TV’s Chuck Stokes,
- Presentation of the Regional Transit Awards (note TRU will NOT hold a separate Awards dinner this year) to:
- SMART’s new FAST service,
- Dearborn Economic Development Director Barry Murray
- M-1 Rail VP of External Affairs Sommer Woods, and
- David Gifford as Activist of the Year; plus
- Election of TRU Board of Directors (voting available to current paid members).
- Preceded by a VIP Reception at 5pm ($50 ticket)
- Plus a Strolling Dinner at 5:30pm for all attendees
TechTown is located at 440 Burroughs between Cass & 2nd in midtown Detroit
- Near transit including QLINE; DDOT routes 16, 23, 42, 53, 80, 89 & 498; and SMART routes 450, 460, & new FAST 461 & 462.
- Free parking lot at northeast corner of Cass and Amsterdam.
Because transit impacts everyone, this event is free and open to the public. For those who can, a suggested donation of $20 or more will help defray costs and support TRU’s transit advocacy all throughout the year. Please RSVP by Jan 29!
Please join us in thanking the generous sponsors who helped make this event possible:
- Greektown Casino Hotel,
- Northern Trust,
- Liz In Detroit Real Estate,
- TechTown Detroit, and more.