TRU’s 2015 Annual Meeting
on Community Engagement in Transit Decision-Making
When: Thursday , January 22, 2015, 6:30 – 8:30 pm (Doors open at 5:30 pm for reception)
Where: Wayne State Law School Auditorium – 471 W. Palmer St, just west of Cass in midtown Detroit. (Park in structure across Palmer for $8)
- Learn how to get your community engaged in the regional transit planning process
- Discover best practices for public involvement in transit decision-making
- Find out about upcoming opportunities to shape transit plans and priorities
- Plus vote on new TRU board members (if you’ve donated this year)
Everyone welcome to attend, so bring a friend!
- 5:30 pm Registration and reception with light refreshments
- 6:30 pm Welcome and TRU Business Meeting
- 7:00 pm Presentation of 2014 Transit Year-in-Review
- 7:30 pm Overview of Community Engagement
- 8:00 pm Opportunities for Involvement
The greater Detroit region does not have a great history of effective public involvement in transportation decisions. We’re working to change that!
The new Regional Transit Authority will want to hear from you in 2015 on the best way to provide rapid transit on Gratiot and Michigan Ave along with overall plans and priorities for improving transit throughout the region.
We believe the best plans come from having the most voices involved and want you, your organization, and your neighbors to be prepared!