Thank you to everyone who came out to TRU’s big State of the Region’s Transit 2018 Annual Meeting! Over 150 people came together on Wednesday, January 31 to discuss The State of Transit. Extra special thanks to our speakers for sharing…
TRU is honored to recognize four outstanding people and projects that have done exemplary work to advance and improve transit in the greater Detroit area: .
1) SMART’s new FAST service for substantial improvements in the frequency of cross-county express service on the region’s busiest corridors;
2) Dearborn Economic Development Director Barry Murray for dedicated work to develop the John D Dingell Transit Center and to otherwise enhance mobility;
3) M-1 Rail VP of External Affairs Sommer Woods for work to expand public engagement in transit planning and incorporate Detroiters into the transit workforce; and
4) David Gifford for his self-driven efforts to promote public transit and increase ridership of the RefleX service through social media promotion.
In a YouTube video for SMART, County Executives Brooks Patterson and Mark Hackel promise to “revolutionize mass transit as we know it.” SMART has now provided a little more information (pasted below): SMART is proposing major changes along its busiest corridors. Earlier teasers…
As TRU Director Megan Owens reminded attendees at the 2017 Regional Transit Awards dinner, temporary setbacks are overwhelmed by the enormous progress southeast Michigan has experienced in people and support for regional transit investment. This sixth annual Regional Transit Awards…
Please join us in congratulating the 2017 Regional Transit Awardees:
– Forward Motion Award for Most Effective Public Servant: Warren Evans, Wayne County Executive
– Exemplary Innovation Award: RefleX, the joint service of DDOT, SMART and RTA
– Unsung Hero Award: Alexis Blizman
– Transit Employee of the Year: Ben Stupka, RTA Manager of Planning
– Transit Activist of the Year: Daniel Duane Spyker
Please join us as these awards are presented at TRU’s sixth annual Regional Transit Awards dinner on Thursday evening, May 11.