The RTA and County Executives continue to debate the question of what’s next for regional transit. While they agreed upon a set of questions to explore when they held a retreat in May, no further news has been shared publicly since. No timeline has been set for a decision and they’ve offered no opportunity for public input on these critical decisions.
Key questions include:
1) Size of the Region – Should the rural and exurban areas be removed from the RTA taxing authority?
2) Consolidation – How can transit agencies coordinate, collaborate or consolidate to increase efficiency?
3) Timing of Funding Vote – Should the RTA place funding back on the ballot in November 2018 or November 2020?
4) Transit Plan Changes – Modest or major?
5) RTA Today – What can they do now to improve and coordinate transit?