At TRU’s Annual Meeting on January 30, current TRU members voted to approve a new slate of Board Members. Following an open call for applications, TRU’s Board Development Committee and current Board members voted to recommended Sam Butler, Tanise Hill, and Julie Tschirhart, who will serve from 2017 through 2019.
You’re invited to the
2017 TRU Annual Meeting: The State of the Detroit Region’s Transit
When: Monday evening, January 30, 2017, 6:00pm
Where: MSU Detroit Center. 3408 Woodward, in midtown Detroit.
What: Get transit updates from TRU, RTA, DDOT, and others, plus vote on TRU Board of Directors and discuss next steps for improving transit.
Who: Open to all. Everyone’s welcome!
At TRU’s Annual Meeting on January 30, members of TRU will vote on a new slate of Board Members. TRU’s current Board members recommends the following slate of candidates:
– Sam Butler, a community development professional from SW Detroit
– Tanise Hill, who works for the Metro Detroit AFL-CIO
– Lydia Levinson, who works at Michigan Community Resources creating sustainable urban spaces
– Julie Tschirhart, an experienced transit rider and U of M Urban Planning Master student
Please join us at TRU’s Annual Meeting on January 30!
Thank you to everyone who came out for TRU’s 2015 Annual Meeting, which included three major components:
1) TRU’s Business meeting, featuring the election to the Board of Directors
2) The State of the Region’s Transit presentation by Executive Director Megan Owens
3) An interactive presentation and discussion of Community Engagement in Transit Decision-Making led by Assistant Director Ruth Johnson
See pictures, download documents, and learn lots more about this great event.
TRU is honored to welcome six new and four returning volunteers to TRU’s Board of Directors. These individuals will lead and support TRU’s mission and priorities for the next three years: Meagan Costea * Dave Kuziemko Paul Lippens Kelly Logan…