As TRU Director Megan Owens reminded attendees at the 2017 Regional Transit Awards dinner, temporary setbacks are overwhelmed by the enormous progress southeast Michigan has experienced in people and support for regional transit investment.
This sixth annual Regional Transit Awards dinner spotlighted five amazing people and one important project working to improve transit throughout our region.
- Forward Motion Award for Most Effective Public Servant: Warren Evans, Wayne County Executive
- Exemplary Innovation Award: RefleX (jointly accepted by the RTA, SMART, and DDOT)
- Unsung Hero: Alexis Blizman
- Transit Employee of the Year: Ben Stupka
- Above and Beyond Award: Ruth Johnson
- Transit Activist of the Year: Daniel Duane Spyker
Special thanks to all the generous sponsors, volunteers, presenters and others who helped make this special night possible!
(More photos and recap coming soon!