TRU does NOT provide public transit service ourselves, but we are pleased to provide lots of resources to help people understand and connect to the transit resources they need!
Detroit Area Transit Providers
- DDOT – the City of Detroit bus service
- SMART – suburban and commuter bus service
- QLINE – Detroit modern streetcar
- Detroit People Mover – elevated rail circulator
The Regional Transit Authority of Southeast Michigan – RTA – coordinates and oversees the area’s transit providers, although does not provide service of it’s own.
Finding the Right Ride
- Google Transit – a great way to find which transit routes best serve your needs
- Transit App – one stop-spot to map and track trips on transit and other mobility modes
- MyRide2 – a website and call center (1-855-myride2) to help seniors and people with disabilities figure out what travel options are available to them
- How To Ride – TRU’s simple guide for learning how to ride the bus
- The 15 Minute or Better video series shows simply and visually the elements of great transit, including frequency, coverage, accessibility, speed, and more
- Transit Impact Stories – see examples of why transit matters to individuals from throughout our region