Today’s the day!!
The Regional Transit Authority of Southeastern Michigan (RTA) is unveiling its four county regional transit master plan for Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, and Washtenaw counties. This plan identifies the need for a better coordinated transit system in our area, one that is rapid, reliable and regional.
Join us to learn about the plan and to provide feedback on what you want from regional transit.
When: Tuesday, May 31st from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Presentation at 10am, followed by open house until 1pm
Where: Lawrence Technical University, University Gallery, Room T-20
21000 West 10 Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48075
If you can’t attend in person, there will be a live stream at http://fullviewpro.com/rtalive.
TRU will also live-tweet the event: @DetroitTransit.
Media are already starting to share components of the plan:
- Detroit Free Press “$4.6B transit plan would connect Detroit, 4 counties”
- Click on Detroit / Channel 4: RTA’s transit plan links Ann Arbor to Detroit”
- Michigan Radio: “Metro Detroit transit “master plan” debuts today”
- WXYZ Channel 7 / AP: “Metro Detroit voters will be asked to back mass transit tax”
- Crain’s Detroit Business: “Regional Transit Authority will seek $2.9 billion millage in November for buses, rail”