Many organizations, institutions, municipalities, and businesses recognize the value of improving Detroit area transit:
- For more reliable and less stressed out employees
- For fewer no-show appointments
- For decreasing parking demand and cost
- For more attractive, vibrant, walkable cities
TRU is the biggest and oldest organization dedicated solely to improving and promoting Detroit area public transit year round. We want to share that experience and dedication with you:
Your business, city, or organization should become a TRU member!
In addition to supporting TRU’s important work as the Detroit region’s transit advocate, these recognition and other benefits are provided to members depending on the donation level:
- Receive special TRU member updates and tickets to members-only events
- Be listed as a supporter on our website and at TRU hosted events
- Opportunity to host education workshops for your employees, clients, or others (e.g. Learn to Ride, Let’s Talk Transit, Detroit New Mobility)
- Join TRU Advisory Council to help shape positions and policies
- Opportunity to be our featured member in an online article about your transit support; also shared on multiple social channels
- Opportunity to make welcoming remarks to 200 top transit community leaders and supporters at our Annual Meeting (at top Leaders Circle level)
Benefits packages can be modified to fit your marketing and promotion priorities. Contact TRU Director Megan Owens to discuss.
Suggested donation levels
- Leaders Circle – $5,000 and up
- Transit Champions – $1,000 and up
- Recommended for corporations, universities, and counties
- Transit Advocates – $500 and up
- Recommended for cultural institutions and large nonprofits
- Business Members – $250 and up
- For small businesses and municipalities
- Organizational Members – $100 and up
- For neighborhood associations, community groups, and other small nonprofit organizations
Join today by submitting a donation any of these ways:
- Through our online donation page
- By mailing a check written to Transportation Riders United to PO Box 2668, Detroit, MI 48202, or
- By requesting an invoice from the TRU office.
TRU is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization recognized by the IRS and the State of Michigan – EIN 38-3588943. W9 and other documentation available upon request. Membership donations should be tax deductible less the value of benefits provided.