To effectively educate, advocate, and mobilize for great public transit, TRU is interviewing for a dynamic Community Engagement Manager to persuasively spread our message, build relationships, and mobilize supporters to take action in a strategic, organized way.
If you’re a genuine people person who’s ready to get deeply involved in transforming transportation in metro Detroit, read this position description!
If you have what it takes to guide TRU’s public education, digital communications, volunteer management, and member engagement, apply today!
(If this job isn’t right for you, you can still get involved! TRU is also hiring interns and recruiting campaign volunteers.)
- While the Community Engagement Manager is a demanding position, TRU is an excellent place to work – with a supportive team, flexible schedule, training opportunities, and hands-on impact making a positive impact in our community.
- Full-time salaried position, $33,000-46,000 a year based on experience. Health insurance and paid leave provided.
The Community Engagement Manager will work in close partnership with TRU’s Executive Director to improve our communications impact and mobilize diverse transit supporters to take strategic mission-driven actions that lead towards mobility for all.
- Partner with the Executive Director to develop communications, engagement and advocacy strategies that will advance TRU’s priority campaigns and overall mission of building broad support for public transit throughout southeast Michigan
- Lead digital and social media communications, including posting, reporting, marketing, and engagement on TRU’s website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram accounts
- Develop and manage TRU’s volunteer program, including recruiting, training, and managing volunteers for TRU’s speakers’ bureau, events, committees, and Board of Directors
- Manage TRU’s ‘Let’s Talk Transit’ speakers’ bureau, including reaching out to community groups to schedule and manager transit presentations and feedback
- Support, build, and eventually lead TRU’s member engagement efforts, including seeking donations and thanking, updating, and engaging the individuals and businesses who donate to support TRU’s work
- A people person who genuinely loves reaching out to new people and getting them involved in progressive social change
- Proven ability to recruit, mobilize, and organize volunteers to take effective action
- Great at cold-calling individuals, organizations, and business to invite their involvement and support, remaining pleasantly persistent despite inevitable setbacks
- Excellent communications skills, including on the phone and through social media, persuasively and respectfully communicating with a wide range of diverse audiences
- An independent worker with excellent time management and project management skills. Able to effectively organize and prioritize workload, juggling multiple projects, reliably meet deadlines, and proactively communicate progress and problems
- Substantial experience working with social media, including YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- College degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Must deeply respect the diversity of the Detroit region and value transportation equity
Please review the full position description to understand expectations and how to apply.