As they say, change is inevitable. We’re undergoing several changes here at TRU:
Ruth Johnson will be leaving TRU’s staff as of June 15.
She’s given so much to TRU in her 7 years as Assistant Director, but due to financial limitations, we need to let her go. Her experience and dedication will be sorely missed!
TRU will be moving offices.
In late June, we’ll move out of the Guardian Building into TechTown’s Junction 440. We’re excited to share their great building (located in Detroit between Midtown and New Center) with the 100 other great nonprofits, start-ups and companies. Stay tuned for details. (And let me know if you can volunteer to help us move – info@DetroitTransit.org!!)
We’re selling a bunch of our office furniture and supplies.
Because of our move, much of our furniture, equipment and supplies need to go. While they’re still in great shape, we won’t need them, so we’d love for them to find new homes.
- Check out our online inventory of office furniture, equipment and supplies along with photos.
- RSVP and come by the office for a Garage Sale style Open House to view all the items, buy what you want and take them home with you then. No reasonable offer will be refused! Note however that you’ll be responsible for moving it out of our office by June 26. Open Houses will be:
- Wednesday June 21 from 3-6pm
- Friday June 23 from 3-6pm
- Saturday June 24 from 10am-1pm
- Email info@DetroitTransit.org to make an offer, ask questions, or RSVP with which open house you plan to attend.
Same great transit advocacy and outreach!
“They” also say that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Most of what you know and love about TRU will remain!
- Megan Owens will remain as TRU’s Executive Director, working with our fabulous team of Board members, interns, other volunteers and allies.
- We’ve got some exciting new projects in the works, including building on QLINE popularity to encourage bus ridership and expanding on our transit outreach and engagement activities with a new Peer-to-Peer Community Engagement program. If you’re interested in finding out more and/or getting involved, please contact Megan at MOwens@DetroitTransit.org.
- And as we have since 1999, we’ll continue to watchdog area transit agencies and advocate for the very best transit for our region.
Thanks for being a part of the TRU family!