The next few days offer several great opportunities on the Regional Transit Authority! (TRU’s RTA position) This is a critical time to build support and make your voice heard about how important this is for our region. Please participate in and help spread the word about these upcoming events and opportunities.
1) Next Monday evening, State Reps Stapleton and Durhal will host a Transportation Forum for community members to learn about and share their ideas about transportation funding, the RTA, the current Transportation package, and how they will impact Detroit and southeast Michigan. Please help spread the word!!
- Next Monday, March 12, at 6:00-8:00pm
- Plymouth United Church of Christ, located at 600 E. Warren Avenue, Detroit (just west of I-75).
- Speakers include TRU, MDOT, Wayne County, and the County Road Association of Michigan
- Light refreshments provided
- With questions, contact 517-373-1008
2) Tomorrow morning, the Southeast Michigan Legislative Caucus will be holding a Stakeholder Forum on the RTA and transportation funding. Come out to make your voice heard to the legislators that will be deciding the RTA’s fate!
- This Friday, March 9, from 8:30am-12noon
- At the Romulus Athletic Center, 35765 Northline Road in Romulus (south of I-94 and just east of I-275)
- Please RSVP to Alex Fike atAFike@house.mi.govor 517-373-3818
3) Next Monday afternoon, the Transportation for Michigan (Trans4M) coalition will host a webinar / conference call to provide partner groups an update about the RTA bills, our plan for building support, and specific ways your group can help make the RTA a reality for southeast Michigan.
- Next Monday, March 12 from 3-4pm
- Speakers from TRU, Michigan Suburbs Alliance, and the Michigan Environmental Council
- RSVP at TRUmember@DetroitTransit.org.
Please utilize these and any other opportunities to let your legislators know just how important the RTA is to improving transit in Greater Detroit!!