If you’re excited to improve transit and have some time to dedicate this summer, consider an internship with TRU! You’ll work hands on one of the most critical issues facing greater Detroit, learning some great skills while helping to make a difference. TRU intern positions include:
- Senior Mobility Outreach Intern
- Our population is aging and needs help maintaining independence. Support the Senior Mobility Outreach Project in coordinating events, conducting senior surveys, and advocating for improved senior mobility in four Detroit area communities
- Social Media / Web Intern
- Billions of internet users may want to know about Detroit transit and you can help! Improve TRU’s website and utilize Facebook, YouTube, and other social media to better educate and engage people in improving Detroit transit
- Fundraising Event Intern
- The single most important and marketable community skill is fundraising. Build your skills and help ensure TRU has the finances to improve transit by helping arrange a pair of unique and exciting fundraising events.
- Community Outreach Intern
- The success of transit improvement efforts depend on an educated and supportive community. Build transit understanding and support throughout southeast Michigan by helping arrange and manage community engagement events and TRU outreach at community festivals.
- Faces of Transit Intern / Story Teller
- A picture is worth a thousand words, and a video, many times more so. Improve support for transit by telling the personal stories of transit riders and supporters through videos, pictures, and more.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter detailing your interest and relevant experience to TRUmember@DetroitTransit.org.