Join Transportation Riders United for the first-ever edition of our new transit-oriented happy hour, Transit on Tap!
Raise a glass with us and discuss transportation and this month’s special topic, new mobility.
Wednesday October 17 from 6-8pm
at Northern Lights Lounge, 660 W. Baltimore in Detroit
Free to attend / Free appetizers / Buy your own drinks / Donations encouraged!
Convenient to the 4, 16, 23, and 42 DDOT buses; the 461/462 FAST, 849, and 851 SMART buses; and the Baltimore Street QLine stop.
All are welcome! If you’re interested in talking transportation in Detroit, please join us.
We encourage you to post the event on social media and use the hashtag #TransitOnTap.
At 7pm, we will award free beer for the longest car-free distance traveled to the bar!
Questions for Discussion:
- Have you ridden one of the new scooters yet?
- Are you optimistic that shuttles like Chariot could help more people drive less?
- Or are you more concerned about the equity issues of having another shuttle that not everyone can ride?
- How can app-based forms of transportation be inclusive to people who don’t have smartphones or a bank account?
- Are new mobility services like Uber or e-scooters a welcome supplement to the bus for getting around?
- Or are they a threat to transit funding that only serve a few in our community?
We hope to see you October 17 for this first installment of our new quarterly event! Join us and tell your bus-and-bike enthusiast friends!