Do you support investing in great transit? Do you want to learn new skills and build your experience? Can you invest 10-15 hours a week to help build public support for public transit? Apply to intern with TRU this fall!…
The battle for regional transit in southeast Michigan has been quite a roller coaster this spring, and this week more than most! Here’s a recap: 1) Success at the Oakland County Commission: A bi-partisan majority of the Oakland County Commission…
People all throughout this region need to learn the benefits of improved transit so they will support investing in transit improvements. So throughout this spring and summer, TRU will be reaching out to people at festivals and fireworks to: Update…
This year has seen significant transit progress , including M-1 Rail construction, new DDOT buses, RTA rapid transit planning, and more.
These improvements don’t happen randomly or in a vacuum. It is only through many years of dedicated advocacy work by TRU and our partners and allies that transit has finally begun to turn around. Our work in 2015 included:
1) Promoting the benefits of transit investment through 50 media hits and 25 community presentations,
2) Community engagement with more than 1,400 people at 20 different festivals and other events,
3) Advancing and watchdogging the work of the Regional Transit Authority,
4) Seizing upon unanticipated opportunities to draw public attention to the importance of transit,
5) Bringing supporters together in a regional transit coalition called Momentum and
6) Celebrating transit champions at the Regional Transit Awards dinner.
Details and images included. We also said goodbye to longtime transit advocate Marcia Yakes. Read on to learn more.